Created and managed by the Aisne and Oise Tourism Development Agencies, the application Les Folles Aventures de Louison Pignon offers an augmented geocaching activity in the form of a game. The application offers players the opportunity to explore the destinations of the Aisne and the Oise (mainly around EuroVelo3) and their wealth of historical, cultural, industrial and natural heritage, skills and expertise, tales and legends, sporting activities and more.
Boxes, called "caches", are hidden in the countryside. The aim of the game is to use your smartphone to discover their locations and the treasures they contain (namely badges to collect bearing the image of the Scatterbrains and Louison Pignon).
The player downloads the mobile application Les Folles Aventures de Louison Pignon for free from Google Play or the App Store.
They must then create an account to access the game. Finally, the player can choose their course and must activate geolocation to begin.
The course can be chosen according to various criteria: theme, difficulty, distance or geographical location.
During the game phase, the player can view their position on the map and move from stage to stage. Using the mobile application, they enter the answers to the brain-twisters set along the way to display the GPS coordinates of the cache. They must then find the box containing the badges bearing the image of the course's main character, take one if they wish and return the cache to its original location.
The player's record is saved on the application and displayed for other players. In addition to their username and their department and/or country of origin (compulsory information), they can also share a profile photo, biography, comments and photos.
The routes currently available are mainly followed by bicycle. However, there are also sections to be completed on foot.
The purpose of the present General Terms Conditions of Use (hereinafter referred to as "GT&Cs") is to determine the rules governing the game Les Folles Aventures de Louison Pignon (hereinafter referred to as "the Game"), created and managed by the Aisne and Oise Tourism Development Agencies (hereafter referred to as Aisne Tourisme and Oise Tourisme).
These GT&Cs regard the participating user (hereafter referred to as the "User"), and define the rules of use of the website louison-pignon.com and the mobile application Les Folles Aventures de Louison Pignon as well as those regarding participation in the game. Any participation in the game must comply with these GT&Cs.
In these GT&Cs, each of the following terms beginning with a capital letter, whether used in the singular or plural, shall have the meaning expressly attributed to them below:
- "Application" means the mobile application Les Folles Aventures de Louison Pignon published and provided by Aisne Tourisme and Oise Tourisme giving access to the Game, which can be downloaded free of charge from the App Store for Apple devices and the Google Play Store for devices with Google's Android system. The application includes content, operating systems, tools (programming, browsing, etc.), databases and documentation. Updates and new versions may be made available by both ADTs.
- "Content": refers to all publications by the User via the application or the louison-pignon.com website, including text, images and photographs. The aforementioned content shall be public and may be viewed by other Users and third parties: nickname, profile photo, photos and comments posted via the website or mobile application, the User's player record, home town, biography.
- "Aisne Tourisme and Oise Tourisme" refers to the two tourism development agencies that own and manage the game Les Folles Aventures de Louison Pignon. Both are associations under the French law of 1901, whose head offices are located respectively at:
- Parc Foch, Avenue du Maréchal Foch - 02700 LAON Cedex
- 22 Place de la Préfecture - 60000 BEAUVAIS.
- "User" means a natural person of legal age (or a minor who has obtained prior authorisation from their parents or the person with parental authority and who is supervised by them when participating in the Game), who participates in the Game for strictly personal and non-commercial use, without any direct or indirect profit-making purpose.
- "Website" refers to the Folles Aventures de Louison Pignon website at the following address: louison-pignon.com.
- "GT&C" refers to these General Terms and Conditions of Use
Definition and following the routes
Aisne Tourisme and Oise Tourisme organise the game in partnership with voluntarily participating tourist information centres and EPCIs (Public Establishments of Intercommunal Participation).
The two ADTs choose the routes and caches in partnership with the tourist information centres and their local authority or authorities. They undertake to check the reliability and durability of the proposed routes, in cooperation with the municipality/ies) in question.
Despite the care taken to approve the determined routes, Oise Tourisme and Aisne Tourisme cannot be held responsible for a lack of permission to pass, for the maintenance of the route or for any other problem regarding passage.
To report any problem encountered on a route, you can contact Oise Tourisme and Aisne Tourisme (email@example.com).
Access to the Game
Users can participate in the Game after downloading the Application to their mobile terminal.
By installing the Application on their mobile terminal and/or accessing the Application, the User unconditionally and unreservedly accepts all of the GT&Cs specified below.
The Application can be downloaded free of charge from the "App Store" and "Google Play Store" platforms. To access and use the Application, the User must have internet access and a compatible telephone or mobile terminal. The conditions of this compatibility are specified in the two stores.
The software version of the Application may be updated regularly. Users are notified of this via the stores in particular.
The Application is exclusively reserved for the personal use of the User.
To start the Game, the User must have a geolocating mobile terminal. This geolocation allows them to view their position on the route, to view the location of the stages of the route and on the Application, to follow the progress of other participants.
The Application user directly activates the geolocation function in the settings of their mobile terminal and must allow the Application to use it, without which the Game cannot function.
User obligations regarding the playing of the Game
The User undertakes expressly to:
- Choose an itinerary of a difficulty suitable for their age and physical condition as well as those of the participants accompanying them, asking the partner tourist information centre for advice if required;
- Check that the route is in good condition to ensure the smooth running of the Game;
- Keep to the paths taken and chosen by them;
- Not to enter private property that may be in the vicinity of the specified routes or to damage them in any way;
- Not to leave any perishable foodstuffs, non-trade items, dangerous objects or objects likely to offend Users in any way, especially younger ones, in the caches;
- Follow the highway code, including for players on bicycles.
User obligations regarding the use of the Application and the Website
The User undertakes expressly to:
- Refrain from reproducing the Application or the Website in whole or in part, by any means or in any form;
- Refrain from using software or processes intended to copy the content of the Application and/or the Website without the authorisation of Oise Tourisme and Aisne Tourisme;
- Refrain from exporting the Application or the Website or merging them with other computer programmes;
- Refrain from adapting, transcribing, modifying, arranging, compiling, decompiling, assembling or transcoding all or part of the Application and/or the Website;
- Refrain from installing systems that could hack the Application and/or the Website.
User obligations regarding the Content published on the Application and the Website
The User undertakes expressly to:
- Obtain the consent of the people concerned by the Content they publish through Les Folles Aventures de Louison Pignon;
- Respect image rights, copyright, the right to privacy and, in general, all the rights of the people who may be concerned by the Content published through the Folles Aventures de Louison Pignon;
- Refrain from publishing any Content that is defamatory, offensive, discriminatory, incites hatred or in any way contravenes the laws and regulations in force.
Use of discount coupons obtained via the Application
Unlocking certain caches gives access to discount coupons issued by commercial providers.
Each coupon is numbered and can only be used once during the validity period shown on the coupon.
The supply of goods and/or services covered by the coupons is subject to the specific terms of the service providers who supply them, at their entire and sole responsibility.
Oise Tourisme and Aisne Tourisme are not bound by any obligation of any kind to guarantee the supply of these goods and/or services with regard to Users.
Use of the Application for cycle routes
On the cycle routes specifically tailored to bike rides, Aisne Tourisme and Oise Tourisme remind users that the highway code applies to all users.
Article R412-6-1 of the French Highway Code states that the use of a hand-held telephone by drivers of a vehicle in traffic is prohibited.
Drivers of a vehicle in traffic are also prohibited from wearing any device capable of emitting sound, with the exception of electronic hearing aids.
Users must, where required, equip themselves with a suitable system that meets the requirements of the French Highway Code (e.g. mounting bracket for GPS or mobile terminal).
To ensure the Game is played in complete safety, the Application indicates the proximity of a stage, a danger or a clue by means of an audible signal to facilitate access to information when on the move.
Aisne Tourisme and Oise Tourisme shall not be held liable for any breach of the highway code or any incident when following the cycle routes.
The 2 Tourism Development Agencies (ADT) Aisne Tourisme and Oise Tourisme are jointly responsible for data processing.
Personal data is collected on the Application and on the Website (where the User creates an account).
For the User, this concerns:
- their username/team name,
- their email address,
- their department of residence and/or country of residence
- geolocation data
This compulsory data allows each User:
- to connect to the Application,
- to play the Folles Aventures de Louison Pignon interactively (enter comments, upload photos, participate in competitions),
- to memorise and monitor their Game record,
The User can also enter:
- their profile picture,
- their biography,
- photos of their routes which may show one or more people following these routes.
The User declares that they aware that their game record is also automatically displayed.
The User's data is kept as long as their account is active, which is checked every year by the 2 Tourism Development Agencies (ADT) Aisne Tourisme and Oise Tourisme by entering a mystery word.
The data of any person considered inactive for more than 3 years is anonymised. It is kept without the possibility of identification, for statistical purposes.
Each User may request access to their data at any time and exercise their rights of rectification, deletion, portability, limitation and opposition to the processing of their data by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org.
They can also exercise their rights, with proof of their identity, by post to the following address:
ADT Oise Tourisme - A l'attention du délégué à la protection des données (DPO) - 22 Place de la Préfecture - 60000 BEAUVAIS – France
They may file a complaint with a supervisory authority if Oise Tourisme or Aisne Tourisme do not respond to them despite their follow-up contact. In France, this is the CNIL, 3 place de Fontenoy, TSA 80715, 75334 Paris cedex 07.
Limitation of liability
It is the responsibility of all Users to take all appropriate measures to protect their own data and/or software stored on their computer and telephone equipment against any attack.
The User declares that they are aware of and accept the characteristics and limitations of the internet network and in particular, the functional characteristics and technical performance of the internet network; problems related to the connection and/or access to websites; problems related to the availability and congestion of the networks; problems related to the failure or saturation of the networks; problems linked to transit, access to information published online, response times for displaying, consulting, querying or otherwise transferring data; interruptions, lack of protection of certain data against potential misappropriation or hacking, risks of contamination by possible viruses circulating on said networks, etc. for which Oise Tourisme and Aisne Tourisme cannot be held liable.
Furthermore, both ADTs deny all liability during the Game:
- in the event of misuse of the terminal and/or an incident related to the use of the terminal;
- in the event of damage of any nature whatsoever caused to Users, their terminals, their computer and telephone equipment and the data stored therein.
Oise Tourisme and Aisne Tourisme are not responsible for the maintenance of the routes taken by Users in search of caches. They invite Users to report any problems to the local Tourist Information Centre or to the owners of the Game (email@example.com).
Updates to GT&Cs
The applicable GT&Cs are those in force on the date the User participates in the Game.
Oise Tourisme and Aisne Tourisme reserve the right to modify, at any time, all or part of the provisions of these GT&Cs without prior notice or information to Users in order to adapt them to technical, legal or jurisprudential developments or when new services are introduced.
Any modifications made by Oise Tourisme and Aisne Tourisme to the GT&Cs shall be brought to the attention of Users simply by being placed online. They shall be deemed to have been accepted without reservation by any User who participates in the Game after they are placed online.
You can send us your comments, remarks and suggestions for improving the current offer by contacting us on social media or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). These suggestions are a form of User Content.
If dissatisfied, the service provider can send a complaint to the Quality department of Agence Oise Tourism, by sending an email to: email@example.com.
Any conflict or dispute that may arise regarding the interpretation and/or application of the GT&Cs that cannot be resolved amicably shall necessarily and automatically be submitted to the jurisdiction of the Commercial Court of Paris.
If any one of the stipulations of the GT&Cs is declared null and void, the others shall retain their full effectiveness and scope. As such, Aisne Tourisme and Oise Tourisme reserve the right to make changes to any stipulation of the GT&Cs declared null and void.
The GT&Cs are subject to French law, the only law applicable in this matter.
The GT&Cs are written in French, the only language applicable in this matter. Any translation of the GT&Cs is purely informative.
Any questions regarding the Game and/or services can be sent to Aisne Tourisme et Oise Tourisme by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.